Chubb? Edmonds? Williams?
Valravn
2022-11-03 19:49:27 UTC
I've been waiting to see some reaction. I guess this group is pretty much dead now.

Seems like this is fairly exciting / positive news...

FWIW, we will see soon enough, perhaps as soon as Sunday, but the addition of Chubb to the front 7 should result in much more QB pressure without needing to stunt and blitz so much. I don't hate the blitz, when they have healthy backend, but a lot of injuries have diminished coverage and need to protect those guys a bit more.

Additionally, I think the Wilson Jr. thing should work out to be a significant upgrade. All the better his preexisting familiarity with scheme and coach. Should be able to plug in right away without significant learning curve.
Stoobz
2022-11-03 21:22:02 UTC
Post by Valravn
I've been waiting to see some reaction. I guess this group is pretty much dead now.
Seems like this is fairly exciting / positive news...
FWIW, we will see soon enough, perhaps as soon as Sunday, but the addition of Chubb to the front 7 should result in much more QB pressure without needing to stunt and blitz so much. I don't hate the blitz, when they have healthy backend, but a lot of injuries have diminished coverage and need to protect those guys a bit more.
Additionally, I think the Wilson Jr. thing should work out to be a significant upgrade. All the better his preexisting familiarity with scheme and coach. Should be able to plug in right away without significant learning curve.
Yep, not much of a group left here. Folks moved on in one way or another
or otherwise have found another niche.

I wear myself out over on FinHeaven mostly, along with r/miamidolphins
and twitter here lately, of all God forsaken places.

In any case, more exciting upgrades, of course, and perhaps we start
getting far healthier for the rest of the season.

Hard to criticize the passing game but I hope they become more
consistently high powered and Tua gets a little more of his accuracy
back. He is still a little off here and there.

The running game is coming along, not as fast as I would like but there
are signs of improvement. Consistency and dedication are needed. Wilson
over Edmonds is a huge upgrade.

Defense should be better with Chubb setting that edge and applying
pressure. I expect JP15 to finally get home on some of those sacks!
Ogbah needs to get that back healthy.

Special teams are still bottom of the barrel. I cringe every time I see
them return anything.

I think we really need to beat Chicago. Ugly wins are fine, but we sure
could use a good solid one for once and not have to worry about the 4th
quarter!
Valravn
2022-11-03 21:47:58 UTC
Post by Stoobz
[...]
My bad. Wilson, NOT Williams. I should make sure to check my "facts" better...
BTW, they already did a 5 year deal with Chubb. NOT a rental.
Stoobz
2022-11-04 02:36:33 UTC
Post by Valravn
Post by Stoobz
[...]
I like it - if only he stays healthy. Wilson also wanted his trade to
get back with McLovin' after the 'Niners got McCaffrey. I like that,
too, just no fumbles, please )
Drumrboy
too, just no fumbles, please )
Drumrboy
Is Williams fumble prone? I admit to knowing nothing of this guy. Does he have Edmonds “hands of stone?”
Valravn
2022-11-04 22:10:04 UTC
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Stoobz
Post by Stoobz
[...]
From https://www.nfl.com/players/jeff-wilson/stats/

Looks like he's lost 6 fumbles in 45 games since 2018, but two of those in the last 6 weeks.
Since he seems to lose two fumbles a season, he should be done fumbling for 2022. :)
Stoobz
2022-11-05 01:45:08 UTC
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
From https://www.nfl.com/players/jeff-wilson/stats/
Looks like he's lost 6 fumbles in 45 games since 2018, but two of those in the last 6 weeks.
Since he seems to lose two fumbles a season, he should be done fumbling for 2022. :)
To be fair, it was a worse problem in college. He was only 194 pounds
back then, a solid 213 now, so he's put some work into his craft.
Dan the Man
2022-11-06 15:34:28 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
From https://www.nfl.com/players/jeff-wilson/stats/
Looks like he's lost 6 fumbles in 45 games since 2018, but two of those in the last 6 weeks.
Since he seems to lose two fumbles a season, he should be done fumbling for 2022. :)
To be fair, it was a worse problem in college. He was only 194 pounds
back then, a solid 213 now, so he's put some work into his craft.
I'll be mainly curious to see what the Miami D does against a Chicago team that is running the ball well.

Dan
Stoobz
2022-11-06 16:24:54 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Stoobz
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
From https://www.nfl.com/players/jeff-wilson/stats/
Looks like he's lost 6 fumbles in 45 games since 2018, but two of those in the last 6 weeks.
Since he seems to lose two fumbles a season, he should be done fumbling for 2022. :)
To be fair, it was a worse problem in college. He was only 194 pounds
back then, a solid 213 now, so he's put some work into his craft.
I'll be mainly curious to see what the Miami D does against a Chicago team that is running the ball well.
Dan
Give up a lot of yards but hopefully not a lot of points. I hope Justin
doesn't have a Field Day..
Valravn
I see what you did there... :)
Stoobz
2022-11-06 18:11:41 UTC
Post by Valravn
Post by Stoobz
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Stoobz
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
From https://www.nfl.com/players/jeff-wilson/stats/
Looks like he's lost 6 fumbles in 45 games since 2018, but two of those in the last 6 weeks.
Since he seems to lose two fumbles a season, he should be done fumbling for 2022. :)
To be fair, it was a worse problem in college. He was only 194 pounds
back then, a solid 213 now, so he's put some work into his craft.
I'll be mainly curious to see what the Miami D does against a Chicago team that is running the ball well.
Dan
Give up a lot of yards but hopefully not a lot of points. I hope Justin
doesn't have a Field Day..
I see what you did there... :)
Couldn't help myself )