Another December, same ole Dolphins...
Drumrboy
2022-12-26 15:33:40 UTC
Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.

It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!

No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!

At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
Dan the Man
2022-12-26 16:43:09 UTC
Post by Drumrboy
Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.
It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!
No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!
At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!

Dan
Valravn
2022-12-26 17:44:36 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.
It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!
No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!
At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!
Dan
Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable December collapse after raising expectations during the season has become unbearably repetitive.
I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the underdog.

I still think they should have waited one more season and put all their chips on Trevor Lawrence.
Drumrboy
In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.
Stoobz
2022-12-26 18:58:31 UTC
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.

That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.

They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible, special
teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold but stupid
calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.

The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not to
mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a call
correctly.

On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw to
and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.

Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.

The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.

Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
disappointing season.

Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and a
possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
right direction.

Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.

Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )
Stoobz
2022-12-26 23:22:26 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
So much for that, Tua is in concussion protocol. No way Miami can win
with jello head Bridgewater as QB. I'll say the season is now over.
Valravn
2022-12-26 23:36:11 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Stoobz
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
So, I thought Tua was too short. I didn't realize he was too small overall and too fragile.
Cracked ribs and 3? concussions over two seasons?

Durability / availability CLEARLY a problem, whether you like him or not.
No draft capital to pursue replacement. Another three years down the drain on the QB replacement search.

Little chance Tyreek, Waddle and the gang are still around by the time this gets worked out.
Dan the Man
2022-12-27 13:32:06 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Stoobz
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
At least, this might answer the question of why Tua played so poorly in the second half. He was already dizzy?

Dan
Drumrboy
Yea, Tua is a piece of crystal. I’ll be the first to go on record that this season is over and so is Tua’s. The guys he’s playing against are too big, too fast, and too good. You can’t even blame the OL anymore. Time to move on.
Valravn
2023-01-01 05:37:23 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Drumrboy
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
Just curious...
What would you see as a "favorable match up"? KC on the road? Buffalo on the road? Cincinnati on the road?
Seems like those are the only candidates for second seed.
If I understand correctly, IF the Dolphins pull it together and get in, they would most likely be seventh seed. Doesn't the seventh seed play the second seed with only the top seed getting a bye?