Fun with numbers...
Drumrboy
2022-11-22 12:30:56 UTC
The difference between the two is incredible.

“ The performance of Jets quarterback Zach Wilson against New England on Sunday was a hot topic around the NFL, as the 2021 second overall pick saw his season passer rating drop to 72.6. that figures ranks 34 in the NFL, ahead only of Pittsburgh Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett at 71.8.

Of course, it's Tua Tagovailoa who leads the league in that category with an 118.4, so we decided to have fun with some numbers to illustrate just what kind of difference there actually is.

And what we discovered was staggering. ... Tua could throw an incompletion on every one of his next 150 passes and his passer rating (74.6) still would top Wilson. Or, and this one might be even better, he could throw an interception on each of his next 25 attempts and STILL would have a higher passer rating, with a 72.8.”
Stoobz
2022-11-22 15:46:25 UTC
Post by Drumrboy
The difference between the two is incredible.
“ The performance of Jets quarterback Zach Wilson against New England on Sunday was a hot topic around the NFL, as the 2021 second overall pick saw his season passer rating drop to 72.6. that figures ranks 34 in the NFL, ahead only of Pittsburgh Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett at 71.8.
Of course, it's Tua Tagovailoa who leads the league in that category with an 118.4, so we decided to have fun with some numbers to illustrate just what kind of difference there actually is.
And what we discovered was staggering. ... Tua could throw an incompletion on every one of his next 150 passes and his passer rating (74.6) still would top Wilson. Or, and this one might be even better, he could throw an interception on each of his next 25 attempts and STILL would have a higher passer rating, with a 72.8.”
I hope the Jets develop him for years to come.

If they ever get a decent QB, watch out.
Dan the Man
2022-11-22 15:49:15 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
They could always bring back Adam Gase to be their QB coach.

Dan
Stoobz
Naked WR screens for 3 yard losses - I'm for it!
Drumrboy
You are right. Their defense seems to be elite.
Valravn
Suddenly it looks like Tua is trying really hard to do exactly that.
Stoobz
2022-12-12 12:13:42 UTC
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
We're back to SOSAD - Same Old Sorry Assed Dolphins.

We'll be at 8-6 after next week's shellacking at the hands of Buffalo
and somehow find our way needing help from someone else and not getting
it because we aren't able to do it ourselves. Just like year after year
after year.

Ancient Injun Burial Ground.
Dan the Man
2022-12-12 13:30:29 UTC
Post by Stoobz
Post by Valravn
Post by Drumrboy
[...]
It is looking another typical December of Dolphins Doom.

Dan